Complementing the leaders’ role with effective followership is critical. With so much recent attention on the importance of leadership, it can be all too easy to forget that an exceptional leader must be accompanied by individuals who willingly support a leader toward success.
Using the principles of followership that Professor R. Kelley of Carnegie Mellon University introduced in his book “The Power of Followership,” you will learn how to build mutual trust with leaders through practicing proven communication techniques that help followers contribute to their leaders and team.
Through a series of simulated business situations, you will learn how to apply proactive communication and engagement to add value in way that is aligned with your leaders’ success.
- Develop employees who build a constructive relationship with leaders and act on their own initiative for the organization’s success
– Define followership and describe the key attributes of an excellent follower
– Experience how to complement a leader’s weaknesses with your contributions to achieve organizational success
– Learn specific skills to enhance your contribution as a follower
– Practice communicating with different types of leaders
- Create an action plan to make a greater contribution to your team and your leader
- Anyone who wants to help boost company productivity through enhancing synergy with their superiors.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to help better implement the decisions of their superiors and become a more effective contributor.